- The Indonesian Quarterly accepts manuscripts written in English and requires that all submitted manuscripts have not been previously published in any form, either in part or in whole, and are not currently being considered for use by any other organization. In order to be easily accessible to policymakers and the wider public, each manuscript must include a 200- word abstract and should include problems, purposes, methods and findings of the study. The abstract must also include some keywords.
- A manuscript between 5000-9000 words must be sent in Microsoft Word, typed in 10-point Palatino Linotype and double-spaced, in A4-size paper.
- The referencing system must be done in footnotes, using Chicago manual of style. We do not use running notes. Do not include a bibliography. Footnotes use font type Palatino Linotype in 10-point, single-spaced. See the following guideline:
- Books: John J. Mearsheimer, Conventional Deterrence (Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press, 1983), p. 163. Mearsheimer, Conventional Deterrence, p. 165.
- For periodicals: Barry R. Posen, “Measuring the European Conventional Balance: Coping with Complexity in Threat Assessment,” International Security Vol. 5(1) (2007), p. 4. Posen, “Measuring the European Conventional Balance," p. 10.
- Chapter in an edited volume: Edward N. Luttwak, “The Operational Level of War,” in Steven E. Miller, (Ed.), Conventional Forces and American Defense Policy: An International Security Reader (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1986), pp. 211-229. Luttwak, “The Operational Level of War,” p. 230.
- Newspaper or Magazine (with or without author's name): Amika Wardana, “Fatwa and public reasoning,” The Jakarta Post, 8 August 2010.
- Online information: IANSA, “Amnesty International Undermining Global Security: the European Union’s Arms Exports,” http://www.iansa.org/regions/europe/documents/undermining_security/private_military.htm.
IANSA, “Amnesty International."
- Tables and figures must be numbered according to its order and entitled according to its content. Tables and Figures must quote data source as follow:
Source: For the period of 1989 - 1993, see: Kiyohiko Fukushima & C.H. Kwan, “Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Industrial Restructuring in Asia,” in Nomura Research Institute and Institute of Southeast Asian S t u d i e s , 1995, Foreign Direct Investment in Asia, Table 1.2: 6; For the period of 1995 – 1997, see: The ASEAN Secretariat: ASEAN Statistical Yearbook, 2005, Table VI.12: 162.
(Use "Auto fit to window")
- Figures and graphs should be complemented with the raw data in Excel format. Please email us for a template. Figures and Graphs must quote data source as below:
Source: CEIC Asia Database
(No Color; fit to page)